Thursday, June 23, 2011

My council property has been found uninhabitable am i liable to pay rent and c.tax ? i have no use of kitchen?

My propert was found uninhabitable from 7/1/07, the council took untill sept 10 to find me temp accomidation, they made offers that were retracted but nothing to go to untill 2010, I had mushrooms growing from exposed joists where ceilings had collapsed, rotten/unfunctioing windows, a roach infestation and the list goes on and on, i put in a claim for dis-repair and after a year my legal aid ran out even though the solicitor had not even obtained a copy of my housing file, I was told i would not have to pay rent or c.tax from the date of condemnation but it seems the rent is acalating as they intend to offset it against a successful claim, and c.tax (i was in court this week) are saying if i shut my own door and it is my sole residence I have to pay, the judge said it can not be uninhabitiable if I am living there, despite a letter from the council stating that there own inspector had these findings. The council took me to court once my legal aid had run out to get me to vacate the property they lied about offers they had made and cast me in a really bad light, the judge ordered i move in to temp acc (which is what i had been waiting for for years and ordered the works be carried out) I recieved the keys bk in Jan although the work was supposedly completed in Dec, which in its self is a mystery as inn several letters i have it states the works will take a min of 6 months, when i entered the property they have clearly not completed the works at all I have taken photosand given them to my new solicitor who is applying for an extension of my legal aid as i am scared to move back in as it was said the building needed to be monitored for a full 12 monhs as the front and back of the house are falling off and due to the obviose repairs they did not do i am unsure if the rotten joists have been replaced as new plaster boards are covering it, I need a indipendant surveyor to check the premisis b4 i can move back in and if my legal aid is extendedthat is what my solicitor is doing. but in the mean time I do not know where i stand with the c.tax, I do not see how they can charge a person for living in uninhabitable conditions through no fault of there own if I had some where else to have gone i would have, I am at the end of my teather and running out of people to impose on any advice will be great thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment