Sunday, June 19, 2011

How can I find inexpensive housing for my family?

My boyfriend, our 18 month old son and I have been renting my Aunts basement for about a year now. My boyfriend has a steady job and I stay home with our son. I have been desperately searching for a night job so that we wont have to pay day care and I keep coming up dry. My Aunt is helping us out a lot by letting us stay here, but I can tell she wants her house back. We just cannot afford to rent here unless we were to get roommates or I find a overnight job ASAP. We live in Columbia, Maryland. Does anyone know of any programs where we could get help? I know there is a pretty long waiting list for subsidized housing and I don't have much time. We are looking to move as soon as possible but it just doesn't seem possible! Also I need a job really bad so if anyone knows of anything in my area let me know. I have kitchen and catering experience, also cleaning and tons of customer service. I don't know if I will find an overnight job with that kind of experience but I have to keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment